Most of my family and friends are scattered across the Great White North, making it a little difficult to schedule skype sessions. In an effort to keep in touch with people from back home, I've created this wee little blog! Essentially, I'm tryin to keep my pop, my mudder and the missus down the road who doesn't use Facebook, up to date on all my shenanigans.
So, in case you don't know much about me, I'm Ruthie!
I come from a gorgeous, magestical place on Canada's East Coast called Newfoundland & Labrador. I grew up on the cliffs, in the coves, and around the bay of the Avalon Peninsula, where the highlights of the week included riding your bike around town and going to church 3x on a Sunday! I'm proud of my roots. If I'm too loud, eat too much, or hug too many strangers, that's just how I was raised! And God love my family for never letting me forget it!
So, in case you don't know much about me, I'm Ruthie!
I come from a gorgeous, magestical place on Canada's East Coast called Newfoundland & Labrador. I grew up on the cliffs, in the coves, and around the bay of the Avalon Peninsula, where the highlights of the week included riding your bike around town and going to church 3x on a Sunday! I'm proud of my roots. If I'm too loud, eat too much, or hug too many strangers, that's just how I was raised! And God love my family for never letting me forget it!
I have two older brothers who are responsible for any lack of ladylike behaviour which I may exhibit. Thanks to them I had skates on my feet and a stick in my hand before I could crawl, and spent most of my teenage years with mountains of wavy blond hair tucked up in a baseball cap. Mudder always wanted a daughter, but she got me instead! Now my brothers are slightly more responsible and have a handful of kids each... Auntie Roofie is relishing PAYBACK TIME!
We left Newfoundland when I was 15. We first moved to PEI, and shortly after that we moved to Woodstock, New Brunswick. For the last 8 years, Woodstock has remained homebase for us. It's a beautiful town, buzzing with beautiful people. The community here is filled with some of the most incredible and inspirational people I've ever met. It's in Woodstock that I met my best friends, and where I flat out fell in love with theatre.
After graudating from high school, I spent 4 years at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, NB where I did my BA Hons in English and Great Books. While attending Univserity I was a co-founder of a theatre group called Valley Young Company. I helped create, direct, design, and perform in countless shows produced by this theatre company for over 5 years.
Being entirely captivated by theatre and it's endless possibilites, I followed my foolish heart to Scotland in September 2010, to complete my Masters in Performing Arts at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. It was the single most exciting and exhausting year of my life. I love love loved it!
At the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, in August 2011, I was in the original cast of the award winning comedy musical, Wasted Love. I also had the absolute privledge and honour of playing the lead female, Dot, in Stephen Sondheim's musical, Sunday In The Park With George. It was from the latter show that I was spotted by a London agency. I met with them in September after my programme was completed, and now they're my official representation! Together we'll be hitting London-town in February 2012!
I've been back in Woodstock for a few months now, soaking up the east coast charm and the home cooked meals. I've spent my holiday catching up with some gorgeous people, avoiding the gym, stuffing my face full of Snooty Fox sweet potato fries, trying to save some $ (which quickly disappears when you exchange to £'s!), hanging out with my nieces and nephews, playing Wii bowling with Alex's 89 year old grandmother, trying to bake mudder's Christmas recipes, sleeping in my bed at 107 Squires St., drinking Picaroons beer by the barrel, and just dancing and being silly with my best friends. Needless to say, my tank is near full with all kinds of goodness. Now it's time to go!
After graudating from high school, I spent 4 years at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, NB where I did my BA Hons in English and Great Books. While attending Univserity I was a co-founder of a theatre group called Valley Young Company. I helped create, direct, design, and perform in countless shows produced by this theatre company for over 5 years.
Being entirely captivated by theatre and it's endless possibilites, I followed my foolish heart to Scotland in September 2010, to complete my Masters in Performing Arts at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. It was the single most exciting and exhausting year of my life. I love love loved it!
At the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, in August 2011, I was in the original cast of the award winning comedy musical, Wasted Love. I also had the absolute privledge and honour of playing the lead female, Dot, in Stephen Sondheim's musical, Sunday In The Park With George. It was from the latter show that I was spotted by a London agency. I met with them in September after my programme was completed, and now they're my official representation! Together we'll be hitting London-town in February 2012!
I've been back in Woodstock for a few months now, soaking up the east coast charm and the home cooked meals. I've spent my holiday catching up with some gorgeous people, avoiding the gym, stuffing my face full of Snooty Fox sweet potato fries, trying to save some $ (which quickly disappears when you exchange to £'s!), hanging out with my nieces and nephews, playing Wii bowling with Alex's 89 year old grandmother, trying to bake mudder's Christmas recipes, sleeping in my bed at 107 Squires St., drinking Picaroons beer by the barrel, and just dancing and being silly with my best friends. Needless to say, my tank is near full with all kinds of goodness. Now it's time to go!
Yes, I'll miss home, it's home, but I'm ready to leap across the pond... again!
January 10, 2010, I'll be back in the UK.
Sure, I'm facing a lot of uncertainty: I'm no longer a student, for one. I'm unemployed; I'm homeless; and I'm still waiting on my visa!
But, I'm certain of a lot, too: I'm doing what I love!!!!! And maaaaybe there's a certain someone who I'm kinda looking forward to seeing ;)
I'm so grateful and blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life--on either side of the ocean--who support me and care for me in every way imaginable. Thank you for getting me to this point. I hope I make you proud!!!
So pop, mudder, Woodstock, anyone who isn't on facebook who is interested in my little life -- whisper a prayer, because here I go!
So pop, mudder, Woodstock, anyone who isn't on facebook who is interested in my little life -- whisper a prayer, because here I go!
Hehe

Rue x

Rue x
Beautiful blog Miss Ruth! Will be checking it regularly!
ReplyDelete"My thoughts are free to go anywhere,
but it's surprising how often they head in your direction." ~Author Unknown
Good luck on your adventure, Ruthie! I'm looking forward to reading about it!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!!! I'll try and keep it PG ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update
ReplyDelete